Jan 25, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Brewers are still looking to add a veteran bench player and Mark Kotsay “is a possibility.”
Kotsay was tremendously out of place as the White Sox’s primary designated hitter last season, batting just .239 with a .303 on-base percentage and .376 slugging percentage in 359 plate appearances.
He also hasn’t cracked a .750 OPS since way back in 2004, but the 35-year-old would still be somewhat useful as a pinch-hitter and backup first baseman/corner outfielder.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy