Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Casey Kelly was the centerpiece of the Adrian Gonzalez deal. Well, Gonzaelz was, but Kelly was the most notable guy coming to San Diego. This morning Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Kelly is going to be capped at 150 innings this year.
Makes sense, given that he’s logged only 190 professional innings across two seasons. It may be a bit of a bummer for Padres fans who had hoped to see some of the return for Gonazalez playing on the big club this year.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)