Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Casey Kelly was the centerpiece of the Adrian Gonzalez deal. Well, Gonzaelz was, but Kelly was the most notable guy coming to San Diego. This morning Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Kelly is going to be capped at 150 innings this year.
Makes sense, given that he’s logged only 190 professional innings across two seasons. It may be a bit of a bummer for Padres fans who had hoped to see some of the return for Gonazalez playing on the big club this year.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)