Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Casey Kelly was the centerpiece of the Adrian Gonzalez deal. Well, Gonzaelz was, but Kelly was the most notable guy coming to San Diego. This morning Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Kelly is going to be capped at 150 innings this year.
Makes sense, given that he’s logged only 190 professional innings across two seasons. It may be a bit of a bummer for Padres fans who had hoped to see some of the return for Gonazalez playing on the big club this year.
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 0
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)