Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Casey Kelly was the centerpiece of the Adrian Gonzalez deal. Well, Gonzaelz was, but Kelly was the most notable guy coming to San Diego. This morning Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Kelly is going to be capped at 150 innings this year.
Makes sense, given that he’s logged only 190 professional innings across two seasons. It may be a bit of a bummer for Padres fans who had hoped to see some of the return for Gonazalez playing on the big club this year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)