Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Casey Kelly was the centerpiece of the Adrian Gonzalez deal. Well, Gonzaelz was, but Kelly was the most notable guy coming to San Diego. This morning Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Kelly is going to be capped at 150 innings this year.
Makes sense, given that he’s logged only 190 professional innings across two seasons. It may be a bit of a bummer for Padres fans who had hoped to see some of the return for Gonazalez playing on the big club this year.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)