Jan 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
OK. Calm down, everybody. This all makes sense now.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Blue Jays did indeed send cash to the Angels to help cover some of Vernon Wells’ massive contract. The whopping sum of $5 million, in fact.
Heyman writes that the “teams apparently just didn’t want to disclose” that money was in the deal. I guess Tony Reagins didn’t want everybody to think he was robbing Alex Anthopoulos blind. That’s just first class.
And so, this little revelation pretty much changes everything. As long as you can forget that Wells is still owed $81 million over the next four seasons, that is.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 44
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 6
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (134)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)