Jan 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
OK. Calm down, everybody. This all makes sense now.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Blue Jays did indeed send cash to the Angels to help cover some of Vernon Wells’ massive contract. The whopping sum of $5 million, in fact.
Heyman writes that the “teams apparently just didn’t want to disclose” that money was in the deal. I guess Tony Reagins didn’t want everybody to think he was robbing Alex Anthopoulos blind. That’s just first class.
And so, this little revelation pretty much changes everything. As long as you can forget that Wells is still owed $81 million over the next four seasons, that is.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)