Jan 25, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
OK. Calm down, everybody. This all makes sense now.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Blue Jays did indeed send cash to the Angels to help cover some of Vernon Wells’ massive contract. The whopping sum of $5 million, in fact.
Heyman writes that the “teams apparently just didn’t want to disclose” that money was in the deal. I guess Tony Reagins didn’t want everybody to think he was robbing Alex Anthopoulos blind. That’s just first class.
And so, this little revelation pretty much changes everything. As long as you can forget that Wells is still owed $81 million over the next four seasons, that is.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 23
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 8
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 38
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (109)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save