Jan 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
I guess I can see that. Both of those guys have tremendous upside. But it also strikes me that the Indians would be silly to entertain offers for them now. At the moment Sizemore is an unknown quantity given that he’s coming off microfracture surgery, and most teams would be foolish to offer more than a pittance for him. If he shows he’s healthy and effective again, however, he’s a relative bargain of an impact player for whom the Indians could get some serious value.
Carmona is someone that the Indians should probably not consider trading at all given that he’s locked up for the next four seasons with a $6.1 million deal this year and three affordable team options through 2014. Someone has to pitch for the Indians, and if Carmona even comes within sight of his 2007 form, he’s a bargain. At the very least the Indians should wait to trade Carmona to a desperate contender mid-season, demanding a ton in return.
It’s a fun rumor, but unless the Indians have lost their minds, it’s almost certainly a one-sided one, borne more of the Nats’ desires than the prospect of an actual deal.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 36
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 57
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)