Jan 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
I guess I can see that. Both of those guys have tremendous upside. But it also strikes me that the Indians would be silly to entertain offers for them now. At the moment Sizemore is an unknown quantity given that he’s coming off microfracture surgery, and most teams would be foolish to offer more than a pittance for him. If he shows he’s healthy and effective again, however, he’s a relative bargain of an impact player for whom the Indians could get some serious value.
Carmona is someone that the Indians should probably not consider trading at all given that he’s locked up for the next four seasons with a $6.1 million deal this year and three affordable team options through 2014. Someone has to pitch for the Indians, and if Carmona even comes within sight of his 2007 form, he’s a bargain. At the very least the Indians should wait to trade Carmona to a desperate contender mid-season, demanding a ton in return.
It’s a fun rumor, but unless the Indians have lost their minds, it’s almost certainly a one-sided one, borne more of the Nats’ desires than the prospect of an actual deal.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)