Jan 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
I guess I can see that. Both of those guys have tremendous upside. But it also strikes me that the Indians would be silly to entertain offers for them now. At the moment Sizemore is an unknown quantity given that he’s coming off microfracture surgery, and most teams would be foolish to offer more than a pittance for him. If he shows he’s healthy and effective again, however, he’s a relative bargain of an impact player for whom the Indians could get some serious value.
Carmona is someone that the Indians should probably not consider trading at all given that he’s locked up for the next four seasons with a $6.1 million deal this year and three affordable team options through 2014. Someone has to pitch for the Indians, and if Carmona even comes within sight of his 2007 form, he’s a bargain. At the very least the Indians should wait to trade Carmona to a desperate contender mid-season, demanding a ton in return.
It’s a fun rumor, but unless the Indians have lost their minds, it’s almost certainly a one-sided one, borne more of the Nats’ desires than the prospect of an actual deal.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 19
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 95
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)