Jan 25, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
I guess I can see that. Both of those guys have tremendous upside. But it also strikes me that the Indians would be silly to entertain offers for them now. At the moment Sizemore is an unknown quantity given that he’s coming off microfracture surgery, and most teams would be foolish to offer more than a pittance for him. If he shows he’s healthy and effective again, however, he’s a relative bargain of an impact player for whom the Indians could get some serious value.
Carmona is someone that the Indians should probably not consider trading at all given that he’s locked up for the next four seasons with a $6.1 million deal this year and three affordable team options through 2014. Someone has to pitch for the Indians, and if Carmona even comes within sight of his 2007 form, he’s a bargain. At the very least the Indians should wait to trade Carmona to a desperate contender mid-season, demanding a ton in return.
It’s a fun rumor, but unless the Indians have lost their minds, it’s almost certainly a one-sided one, borne more of the Nats’ desires than the prospect of an actual deal.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)