Jan 26, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
Remember back when it seemed like Hank Steinbrenner had been given a lobotomy or had been sent off to an undisclosed location where the media couldn’t find him? Yeah, that was a total drag.
“We will do what we have to do to win,” Steinbrenner told The Post recently in a wide-ranging interview at Steinbrenner Field. “We have the highest payroll and the reason is we are committed to our fans to win.
“We just have to (bleeping) win,” Hank added emphatically, looking out onto the field and sounding much like his father.
I’m going to guess that the edited part started with the letter F.
It may not be wonderful for the Yankees that Little Stein is being allowed to talk to reporters again, but man do I love it. Check out Kevin Kernan’s interview. It’ll take you back to 2007 all over again.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 26
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)