Jan 26, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
Remember back when it seemed like Hank Steinbrenner had been given a lobotomy or had been sent off to an undisclosed location where the media couldn’t find him? Yeah, that was a total drag.
“We will do what we have to do to win,” Steinbrenner told The Post recently in a wide-ranging interview at Steinbrenner Field. “We have the highest payroll and the reason is we are committed to our fans to win.
“We just have to (bleeping) win,” Hank added emphatically, looking out onto the field and sounding much like his father.
I’m going to guess that the edited part started with the letter F.
It may not be wonderful for the Yankees that Little Stein is being allowed to talk to reporters again, but man do I love it. Check out Kevin Kernan’s interview. It’ll take you back to 2007 all over again.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)