Jan 26, 2011, 8:23 AM EST
Remember back when it seemed like Hank Steinbrenner had been given a lobotomy or had been sent off to an undisclosed location where the media couldn’t find him? Yeah, that was a total drag.
“We will do what we have to do to win,” Steinbrenner told The Post recently in a wide-ranging interview at Steinbrenner Field. “We have the highest payroll and the reason is we are committed to our fans to win.
“We just have to (bleeping) win,” Hank added emphatically, looking out onto the field and sounding much like his father.
I’m going to guess that the edited part started with the letter F.
It may not be wonderful for the Yankees that Little Stein is being allowed to talk to reporters again, but man do I love it. Check out Kevin Kernan’s interview. It’ll take you back to 2007 all over again.
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 15
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 3
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 75
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)