Jan 26, 2011, 3:22 PM EDT
A source close to Andy Pettitte tells me that there is a “very strong possibility” that Pettitte is going to pitch in 2011. He is doing his usual preseason workouts and has had no physical issues thus far.
Moreover, the source tells me that Pettitte’s hesitation to confirm that he is coming back for the upcoming season is in no way connected to the Roger Clemens trial, which was something that many had speculated about.
Jon Heyman tweeted to this effect a little over an hour ago, but I’m pretty sure that he and I are talking to different people, so I suppose you can consider this corroboration of some kind. Real journalism frightens and confuses me, however, so maybe it’s more confirmation. Or triangulation. Or something.
Either way: I have this feeling that Bartolo Colon is not going to be the Yankees #4 starter in 2011.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)