Jan 26, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
In an effort to add some left-handed relief options the Orioles have signed Clay Rapada to a minor-league contract and offered the same to Joe Beimel, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
Rapada has spent parts of four seasons in the majors for the Cubs, Tigers, and Rangers while logging a total of just 36 innings, but he’s held left-handed hitters to a .186 batting average and has always posted good numbers in the minors.
Beimel seems unlikely to accept a minor-league deal after earning nearly $6 million during the past four seasons, particularly since he did a decent job for the Rockies in 2010 with a 3.40 ERA in 45 innings while holding lefties to a .221 batting average.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)