Jan 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Remember the other divorce involving the owner of an NL West team? That was the John Moores divorce, which prompted Moores to sell the San Diego Padres. It was way, way less acrimonious (at least in public) than the McCourts’ divorce. There was never really any fight about the baseball team either, what with the Moores having been married since before there even was a San Diego Padres. As far as gazillionaire divorces go, we heard relatively little about it.
And it just officially ended with a settlement agreement. After three years. The McCourts have been at it a little over a year and their situation is, how shall we put it, a tad more complicated than that of the Moores.
Just throwing that out there in case anyone read yesterday’s L.A. Times story and still, inexplicably, had any hope that the Dodger Divorce would end any time soon.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 3
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 17
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 52
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 67
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 31
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)