Jan 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Remember the other divorce involving the owner of an NL West team? That was the John Moores divorce, which prompted Moores to sell the San Diego Padres. It was way, way less acrimonious (at least in public) than the McCourts’ divorce. There was never really any fight about the baseball team either, what with the Moores having been married since before there even was a San Diego Padres. As far as gazillionaire divorces go, we heard relatively little about it.
And it just officially ended with a settlement agreement. After three years. The McCourts have been at it a little over a year and their situation is, how shall we put it, a tad more complicated than that of the Moores.
Just throwing that out there in case anyone read yesterday’s L.A. Times story and still, inexplicably, had any hope that the Dodger Divorce would end any time soon.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)