Jan 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Remember the other divorce involving the owner of an NL West team? That was the John Moores divorce, which prompted Moores to sell the San Diego Padres. It was way, way less acrimonious (at least in public) than the McCourts’ divorce. There was never really any fight about the baseball team either, what with the Moores having been married since before there even was a San Diego Padres. As far as gazillionaire divorces go, we heard relatively little about it.
And it just officially ended with a settlement agreement. After three years. The McCourts have been at it a little over a year and their situation is, how shall we put it, a tad more complicated than that of the Moores.
Just throwing that out there in case anyone read yesterday’s L.A. Times story and still, inexplicably, had any hope that the Dodger Divorce would end any time soon.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)