Jan 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Remember the other divorce involving the owner of an NL West team? That was the John Moores divorce, which prompted Moores to sell the San Diego Padres. It was way, way less acrimonious (at least in public) than the McCourts’ divorce. There was never really any fight about the baseball team either, what with the Moores having been married since before there even was a San Diego Padres. As far as gazillionaire divorces go, we heard relatively little about it.
And it just officially ended with a settlement agreement. After three years. The McCourts have been at it a little over a year and their situation is, how shall we put it, a tad more complicated than that of the Moores.
Just throwing that out there in case anyone read yesterday’s L.A. Times story and still, inexplicably, had any hope that the Dodger Divorce would end any time soon.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)