Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Angels owner Arte Moreno was asked a question about Scott Boras yesterday. His response:
“My mother always told me, ‘If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”
That kind of stuff makes me roll my eyes. Braves’ President John Schuerholz took a fairly similar attitude toward Boras a few years back and it drove me just as nuts. Boras is not surprising anyone by being a sharp dealer. He is who he is and you should know that going in. Deal with him just as sharply or don’t deal with him at all, but please, spare me the drama team executives. It just makes you look like you’re not ready for prime time.
And really, Arte, hasn’t your winter been humbling enough without making yourself look even smaller?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)