Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Angels owner Arte Moreno was asked a question about Scott Boras yesterday. His response:
“My mother always told me, ‘If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”
That kind of stuff makes me roll my eyes. Braves’ President John Schuerholz took a fairly similar attitude toward Boras a few years back and it drove me just as nuts. Boras is not surprising anyone by being a sharp dealer. He is who he is and you should know that going in. Deal with him just as sharply or don’t deal with him at all, but please, spare me the drama team executives. It just makes you look like you’re not ready for prime time.
And really, Arte, hasn’t your winter been humbling enough without making yourself look even smaller?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)