Jan 27, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
We all shook our heads when Bobby Valentine was named the public safety director for Stamford, Connecticut, but the dude is committed: he was caught on film directing traffic near the I-95 on-ramp this morning. Click through for the video.
This is classic. The reporter calls him a “mini-celebrity” and is unaware that Valentine actually holds a position in Stamford government. When she bugs him and asks why he’s directing traffic he says — in a rather annoyed fashion — “it’s my job.”
Say what you want about his quixotic efforts to land a major league managing job this year, but he has contributed far more to the public this morning than he would have been able to contribute to the Mariners or Marlins next season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)