Jan 27, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
We all shook our heads when Bobby Valentine was named the public safety director for Stamford, Connecticut, but the dude is committed: he was caught on film directing traffic near the I-95 on-ramp this morning. Click through for the video.
This is classic. The reporter calls him a “mini-celebrity” and is unaware that Valentine actually holds a position in Stamford government. When she bugs him and asks why he’s directing traffic he says — in a rather annoyed fashion — “it’s my job.”
Say what you want about his quixotic efforts to land a major league managing job this year, but he has contributed far more to the public this morning than he would have been able to contribute to the Mariners or Marlins next season.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)