Jan 27, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
We all shook our heads when Bobby Valentine was named the public safety director for Stamford, Connecticut, but the dude is committed: he was caught on film directing traffic near the I-95 on-ramp this morning. Click through for the video.
This is classic. The reporter calls him a “mini-celebrity” and is unaware that Valentine actually holds a position in Stamford government. When she bugs him and asks why he’s directing traffic he says — in a rather annoyed fashion — “it’s my job.”
Say what you want about his quixotic efforts to land a major league managing job this year, but he has contributed far more to the public this morning than he would have been able to contribute to the Mariners or Marlins next season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)