Jan 27, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
We all shook our heads when Bobby Valentine was named the public safety director for Stamford, Connecticut, but the dude is committed: he was caught on film directing traffic near the I-95 on-ramp this morning. Click through for the video.
This is classic. The reporter calls him a “mini-celebrity” and is unaware that Valentine actually holds a position in Stamford government. When she bugs him and asks why he’s directing traffic he says — in a rather annoyed fashion — “it’s my job.”
Say what you want about his quixotic efforts to land a major league managing job this year, but he has contributed far more to the public this morning than he would have been able to contribute to the Mariners or Marlins next season.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming