Jan 27, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Indians general manager Chris Antonetti told Jim Bowden that Carlos Santana will be ready for the start of spring training games.
Before his ugly knee injury he hit .260/.401/.467 with six home runs, 22 RBI and an 868 OPS over his first 192 major league plate appearances. Based on what he did in the minors, he’s going to be a total stud.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)