Jan 27, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s organizational rankings Keith Law today releases what I feel to be the most thorough and useful top prospects lists we get each year: his top 100 prospects list and his top-10-in-each-organization list. Yes, it’s for those with Insider subscriptions only.
Law gets a salary by virtue of people buying the Insider cow, so I won’t give away the milk for free. But do know that Law agrees with the MLB.com people in ranking Mike Trout first. He has Bryce Harper second and Domonic Brown third.
There are more Yankees on his list — and higher — than I presumed there would be. The Rays have eight in the top 100. The Jays and Royals have six each. The Astros have only one player in the top 100. The Brewers: zero. Eeek. Every other team has at least two.
If you care at all about prospects — and how can you not? — cancel your appointments for the rest of the day and read Law’s thoughtful writeups of each of the top 100. Great stuff.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)