Jan 27, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s organizational rankings Keith Law today releases what I feel to be the most thorough and useful top prospects lists we get each year: his top 100 prospects list and his top-10-in-each-organization list. Yes, it’s for those with Insider subscriptions only.
Law gets a salary by virtue of people buying the Insider cow, so I won’t give away the milk for free. But do know that Law agrees with the MLB.com people in ranking Mike Trout first. He has Bryce Harper second and Domonic Brown third.
There are more Yankees on his list — and higher — than I presumed there would be. The Rays have eight in the top 100. The Jays and Royals have six each. The Astros have only one player in the top 100. The Brewers: zero. Eeek. Every other team has at least two.
If you care at all about prospects — and how can you not? — cancel your appointments for the rest of the day and read Law’s thoughtful writeups of each of the top 100. Great stuff.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)