Jan 27, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s organizational rankings Keith Law today releases what I feel to be the most thorough and useful top prospects lists we get each year: his top 100 prospects list and his top-10-in-each-organization list. Yes, it’s for those with Insider subscriptions only.
Law gets a salary by virtue of people buying the Insider cow, so I won’t give away the milk for free. But do know that Law agrees with the MLB.com people in ranking Mike Trout first. He has Bryce Harper second and Domonic Brown third.
There are more Yankees on his list — and higher — than I presumed there would be. The Rays have eight in the top 100. The Jays and Royals have six each. The Astros have only one player in the top 100. The Brewers: zero. Eeek. Every other team has at least two.
If you care at all about prospects — and how can you not? — cancel your appointments for the rest of the day and read Law’s thoughtful writeups of each of the top 100. Great stuff.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)