Jan 27, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The other day there was a report from Phil Wood of MASN that the Nationals have had conversations with the Indians about Grady Sizemore and Fausto Carmona. Today Buster Olney says no, that did not occur. The Nats didn’t even call the Indians, Olney says.
And with that, I think we have officially reached the bottom of the barrel of rumor season, my friends. It starts out so promisingly, but it always ends rather sadly.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)