Jan 27, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The other day there was a report from Phil Wood of MASN that the Nationals have had conversations with the Indians about Grady Sizemore and Fausto Carmona. Today Buster Olney says no, that did not occur. The Nats didn’t even call the Indians, Olney says.
And with that, I think we have officially reached the bottom of the barrel of rumor season, my friends. It starts out so promisingly, but it always ends rather sadly.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47