Jan 27, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The other day there was a report from Phil Wood of MASN that the Nationals have had conversations with the Indians about Grady Sizemore and Fausto Carmona. Today Buster Olney says no, that did not occur. The Nats didn’t even call the Indians, Olney says.
And with that, I think we have officially reached the bottom of the barrel of rumor season, my friends. It starts out so promisingly, but it always ends rather sadly.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)