Jan 27, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The other day there was a report from Phil Wood of MASN that the Nationals have had conversations with the Indians about Grady Sizemore and Fausto Carmona. Today Buster Olney says no, that did not occur. The Nats didn’t even call the Indians, Olney says.
And with that, I think we have officially reached the bottom of the barrel of rumor season, my friends. It starts out so promisingly, but it always ends rather sadly.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)