Jan 27, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Colorado added a pair of veterans on minor-league deals, signing infielder Alfredo Amezaga and catcher Chad Moeller.
Moeller has little chance of cracking the Opening Day roster with Chris Iannetta and Jose Morales ahead of him on the depth chart, but Amezaga should have a legitimate chance to claim a bench spot if healthy.
Amezaga averaged 388 plate appearances per season for the Marlins from 2006 to 2008, beginning each year as a bench player before stepping into a bigger role, but he missed most of 2009 and all of 2010 following microfracture surgery on his left knee and turned 33 years old last week.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)