Jan 27, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Colorado added a pair of veterans on minor-league deals, signing infielder Alfredo Amezaga and catcher Chad Moeller.
Moeller has little chance of cracking the Opening Day roster with Chris Iannetta and Jose Morales ahead of him on the depth chart, but Amezaga should have a legitimate chance to claim a bench spot if healthy.
Amezaga averaged 388 plate appearances per season for the Marlins from 2006 to 2008, beginning each year as a bench player before stepping into a bigger role, but he missed most of 2009 and all of 2010 following microfracture surgery on his left knee and turned 33 years old last week.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)