Well, here’s one way for Brian Cashman to get a pitcher

Jan 27, 2011, 5:48 AM EDT

Cocktail

We know Brian Cashman is already an expert on stout, but last night he had to expand his game a little:

Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman donned his spiked hair/bandana hairpiece and assumed his celebrity bartender persona — Hard Cash — at Foley’s Pub and Restaurant on Wednesday to pour drinks and help raise money to fight cancer (his father-in-law died of the disease).

Cashman worked a three-hour shift and announced as he poured his first drink — a Guinness — that “I got to get everybody drunk tonight.”

I heard that there were a bunch of Mets fans there ordering complicated girly boat drinks.  No, not to mess with Cashman. Just because it was a Wednesday night.

Seriously though, it’s been a pretty crazy week for Cashman, but from the various reports about this bartending gig on Twitter last night, it sounded like he had a lot of fun.  I have no idea why I care about that — I wouldn’t lose any sleep if I thought Frank Wren was having a tough week — but I’m kind of glad to see Cashman enjoying himself.

1. Jeremiah Graves - Jan 27, 2011 at 6:46 AM

word-play before 6am?!

you’re a brave man, calcaterra

2. kiwicricket - Jan 27, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Probably figured it was the best place to find Sidney Ponson in order to sign him next

• proudlycanadian - Jan 27, 2011 at 7:48 AM

I doubt that Ponson is in the best shape of his life.

• Jeremiah Graves - Jan 27, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I guarantee he’s in better shape than he’ll be tomorrow…and the day after that…and the day after that….and so on…and so on…and so on….

3. phukyouk - Jan 27, 2011 at 9:02 AM

“I heard that there were a bunch of Sox fans there ordering complicated girly boat drinks. No, not to mess with Cashman. Just because it was a Wednesday night.”

FIXED!

4. Jonny 5 - Jan 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Well it IS the only productive thing he’s done all winter. Everyone put your hands together for CASH, He did something!!!! wooo!!!!

5. BC - Jan 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Hey, it’s always 5:00 somewhere. Though as a Mets fan, I’m a Jack Daniels and Diet Coke guy myself. All my fellow wimpy fans can have all the Sloe Gin Fizzes that they want. Jack Daniels – accept no substitutes. (Unless of course someone shows up with a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue in which case everything is trumped).

Three legends off to Cooperstown