Jan 27, 2011, 5:48 AM EDT
We know Brian Cashman is already an expert on stout, but last night he had to expand his game a little:
Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman donned his spiked hair/bandana hairpiece and assumed his celebrity bartender persona — Hard Cash — at Foley’s Pub and Restaurant on Wednesday to pour drinks and help raise money to fight cancer (his father-in-law died of the disease).
Cashman worked a three-hour shift and announced as he poured his first drink — a Guinness — that “I got to get everybody drunk tonight.”
I heard that there were a bunch of Mets fans there ordering complicated girly boat drinks. No, not to mess with Cashman. Just because it was a Wednesday night.
Seriously though, it’s been a pretty crazy week for Cashman, but from the various reports about this bartending gig on Twitter last night, it sounded like he had a lot of fun. I have no idea why I care about that — I wouldn’t lose any sleep if I thought Frank Wren was having a tough week — but I’m kind of glad to see Cashman enjoying himself.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)