Jan 27, 2011, 5:48 AM EDT
We know Brian Cashman is already an expert on stout, but last night he had to expand his game a little:
Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman donned his spiked hair/bandana hairpiece and assumed his celebrity bartender persona — Hard Cash — at Foley’s Pub and Restaurant on Wednesday to pour drinks and help raise money to fight cancer (his father-in-law died of the disease).
Cashman worked a three-hour shift and announced as he poured his first drink — a Guinness — that “I got to get everybody drunk tonight.”
I heard that there were a bunch of Mets fans there ordering complicated girly boat drinks. No, not to mess with Cashman. Just because it was a Wednesday night.
Seriously though, it’s been a pretty crazy week for Cashman, but from the various reports about this bartending gig on Twitter last night, it sounded like he had a lot of fun. I have no idea why I care about that — I wouldn’t lose any sleep if I thought Frank Wren was having a tough week — but I’m kind of glad to see Cashman enjoying himself.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)