Jan 27, 2011, 5:48 AM EDT
We know Brian Cashman is already an expert on stout, but last night he had to expand his game a little:
Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman donned his spiked hair/bandana hairpiece and assumed his celebrity bartender persona — Hard Cash — at Foley’s Pub and Restaurant on Wednesday to pour drinks and help raise money to fight cancer (his father-in-law died of the disease).
Cashman worked a three-hour shift and announced as he poured his first drink — a Guinness — that “I got to get everybody drunk tonight.”
I heard that there were a bunch of Mets fans there ordering complicated girly boat drinks. No, not to mess with Cashman. Just because it was a Wednesday night.
Seriously though, it’s been a pretty crazy week for Cashman, but from the various reports about this bartending gig on Twitter last night, it sounded like he had a lot of fun. I have no idea why I care about that — I wouldn’t lose any sleep if I thought Frank Wren was having a tough week — but I’m kind of glad to see Cashman enjoying himself.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)