Jan 27, 2011, 5:48 AM EST
We know Brian Cashman is already an expert on stout, but last night he had to expand his game a little:
Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman donned his spiked hair/bandana hairpiece and assumed his celebrity bartender persona — Hard Cash — at Foley’s Pub and Restaurant on Wednesday to pour drinks and help raise money to fight cancer (his father-in-law died of the disease).
Cashman worked a three-hour shift and announced as he poured his first drink — a Guinness — that “I got to get everybody drunk tonight.”
I heard that there were a bunch of Mets fans there ordering complicated girly boat drinks. No, not to mess with Cashman. Just because it was a Wednesday night.
Seriously though, it’s been a pretty crazy week for Cashman, but from the various reports about this bartending gig on Twitter last night, it sounded like he had a lot of fun. I have no idea why I care about that — I wouldn’t lose any sleep if I thought Frank Wren was having a tough week — but I’m kind of glad to see Cashman enjoying himself.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)