Jan 28, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
For those of you who care deeply about the announcers of the national games, ESPN has announced their Monday night and Wednesday night baseball teams: Sean McDonough, Aaron Boone and Rick Sutcliffe will handle Mondays and Dave O’Brien and Nomar Garciaparra will do Wednesdays.
The good news here is McDonough, who I like an awful lot. And while I’m generally opposed to three-man booths, any move that limits the amount of space Rick Sutcliffe feels he needs to fill is welcome.
O’Brien is pretty good himself. For the life of me I can’t remember Garciaparra’s commentary at all last year, though apparently he sat in on a few games with the O’Brien-Sutcliffe team. I guess the fact that I don’t remember him bodes well. If he was truly memorable, he probably wasn’t doing his job of enhancing, as opposed to disrupting the natural flow of a baseball game.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17