Jan 28, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
For reasons that are still not entirely clear to me, I do more guest radio spots on Balitmore’s two sports stations than I do anywhere else in the country. Until told otherwise, I’ll chalk it up to 1570 WNST and 105.7 The Fan’s wonderful taste.
But whatever the reason, my Baltimore guest spots have led to a lot of people emailing me questions about the Orioles. I do my best to answer them — and I must say, I’ve enjoyed talking to Orioles fans an awful lot — but really, there are tons of people who know more about the Orioles than I do. I try to keep up as best I can, but you’re better off going to a good Orioles blog or the pages of the Baltimore Sun if you want anything approaching in depth analysis.
But that doesn’t stop me from opining all the same! And a few days ago Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com and I were asked to answer some questions about the Orioles by the Baltimore Sports and Life blog. The results are here. It was fun.
But please, serious Orioles fans: try not to beat me up too hard over my relative ignorance. I tried my best.
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 8
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 45
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 10
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)