Jan 28, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
For reasons that are still not entirely clear to me, I do more guest radio spots on Balitmore’s two sports stations than I do anywhere else in the country. Until told otherwise, I’ll chalk it up to 1570 WNST and 105.7 The Fan’s wonderful taste.
But whatever the reason, my Baltimore guest spots have led to a lot of people emailing me questions about the Orioles. I do my best to answer them — and I must say, I’ve enjoyed talking to Orioles fans an awful lot — but really, there are tons of people who know more about the Orioles than I do. I try to keep up as best I can, but you’re better off going to a good Orioles blog or the pages of the Baltimore Sun if you want anything approaching in depth analysis.
But that doesn’t stop me from opining all the same! And a few days ago Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com and I were asked to answer some questions about the Orioles by the Baltimore Sports and Life blog. The results are here. It was fun.
But please, serious Orioles fans: try not to beat me up too hard over my relative ignorance. I tried my best.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)