Jan 28, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
The Chone Figgins trade rumor which popped up late last night continues to churn this afternoon:
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Chone Figgins has been not been asked to waive his limited no-trade clause, which includes Oakland;
- Buster Olney chipped in that Toronto could also be involved in trade discussions.
To that latter point, USS Mariner’s David Cameron notes that Kevin Kouzmanoff makes way more sense for the Blue Jays than he does for the Mariners. If there is a three-way deal, it would make sense, David says, for the Jays to send a back-end starter type to Seattle in exchange for Kouzmanoff.
All of that — the A’s upgrading with Figgins, the Mariners unloading salary and the Jays picking up a third baseman — makes so much sense that it’s bound to crumble at any moment.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)