Jan 28, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
The Chone Figgins trade rumor which popped up late last night continues to churn this afternoon:
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Chone Figgins has been not been asked to waive his limited no-trade clause, which includes Oakland;
- Buster Olney chipped in that Toronto could also be involved in trade discussions.
To that latter point, USS Mariner’s David Cameron notes that Kevin Kouzmanoff makes way more sense for the Blue Jays than he does for the Mariners. If there is a three-way deal, it would make sense, David says, for the Jays to send a back-end starter type to Seattle in exchange for Kouzmanoff.
All of that — the A’s upgrading with Figgins, the Mariners unloading salary and the Jays picking up a third baseman — makes so much sense that it’s bound to crumble at any moment.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40