Jan 28, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
The Chone Figgins trade rumor which popped up late last night continues to churn this afternoon:
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Chone Figgins has been not been asked to waive his limited no-trade clause, which includes Oakland;
- Buster Olney chipped in that Toronto could also be involved in trade discussions.
To that latter point, USS Mariner’s David Cameron notes that Kevin Kouzmanoff makes way more sense for the Blue Jays than he does for the Mariners. If there is a three-way deal, it would make sense, David says, for the Jays to send a back-end starter type to Seattle in exchange for Kouzmanoff.
All of that — the A’s upgrading with Figgins, the Mariners unloading salary and the Jays picking up a third baseman — makes so much sense that it’s bound to crumble at any moment.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 56
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)