Jan 28, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The Chone Figgins trade rumor which popped up late last night continues to churn this afternoon:
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Chone Figgins has been not been asked to waive his limited no-trade clause, which includes Oakland;
- Buster Olney chipped in that Toronto could also be involved in trade discussions.
To that latter point, USS Mariner’s David Cameron notes that Kevin Kouzmanoff makes way more sense for the Blue Jays than he does for the Mariners. If there is a three-way deal, it would make sense, David says, for the Jays to send a back-end starter type to Seattle in exchange for Kouzmanoff.
All of that — the A’s upgrading with Figgins, the Mariners unloading salary and the Jays picking up a third baseman — makes so much sense that it’s bound to crumble at any moment.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)