Jan 28, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Fight Club was the beginning. Now it’s out of the basements and and there’s a name for it: Project Mayhem:
As most of you die hard fans know, The World Champion San Francisco Giants open up Major League Baseball play at Chavez Ravine in Los Angeles. In this hostile environment The World Champion San Francisco Giants will need the support of The World Champion San Francisco Giant’s Faithful. The plan is to fly a banner 3 miles above Chavez Ravine that says, “Giants 2010 Champs: BEAT LA”. This banner will fly in Los Angeles for the Thursday, Saturday and Sunday games for an hour and 20 minutes. It is a great way to pay tribute to The World Champion San Francisco Giants while giving the other organization a taste of what it is like to be World Series Champions: something they haven’t tasted since 1988.
They’re looking to raise $8,000 to pull this off. They’re 38% of the way there as this post goes up. If you can’t think of anything better to do with your money, Giants fans, feel free to donate. But before you donate, please: think really, really hard if there’s not anything better to do with your money. I’m not one to judge, but I’m guessing that there may be.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)