Jan 30, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
They have only two unsettled cases: Rickie Weeks and Shaun Marcum.
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Brewers expect to reach agreements with both within the next few days.
Weeks requested $7.2 million and was offered $4.85 million when figures were exchanged earlier this month. A 28-year-old with a decent glove and decent range at second base, he batted .269/.366/.464 with a career-high 29 home runs and 83 RBI last season.
Marcum asked for $5 million and was offered $3 million from the Brewers. The right-hander posted a 13-8 record, 3.64 ERA and 1.15 WHIP over 31 starts last season for the Blue Jays, striking out 165 batters against only 43 walks while pitching in baseball’s toughest division. He was acquired this offseason for top infield prospect Brett Lawrie in a trade that should work out well for both sides.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)