Jan 31, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
Joe Lemire of SI.com has a good article about the music baseball players choose to play at the ballpark as they come to the plate, which is always an interesting little glimpse into the personalities involved.
Included in Lemire’s article is this passage, which perhaps qualifies as the least surprising news of all time:
White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski is friendly with a few members of the band Creed, so he picked one of their songs, “Bullets,” last year.
If you told me to name the one baseball player most likely to be “friendly with a few members of the band Creed” it would take me less than 10 seconds to name A.J. Pierzynski. And vice versa, obviously. They are a match made in annoying heaven.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)