Jan 31, 2011, 5:07 PM EST
Joe Lemire of SI.com has a good article about the music baseball players choose to play at the ballpark as they come to the plate, which is always an interesting little glimpse into the personalities involved.
Included in Lemire’s article is this passage, which perhaps qualifies as the least surprising news of all time:
White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski is friendly with a few members of the band Creed, so he picked one of their songs, “Bullets,” last year.
If you told me to name the one baseball player most likely to be “friendly with a few members of the band Creed” it would take me less than 10 seconds to name A.J. Pierzynski. And vice versa, obviously. They are a match made in annoying heaven.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)