Jan 31, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
Joe Lemire of SI.com has a good article about the music baseball players choose to play at the ballpark as they come to the plate, which is always an interesting little glimpse into the personalities involved.
Included in Lemire’s article is this passage, which perhaps qualifies as the least surprising news of all time:
White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski is friendly with a few members of the band Creed, so he picked one of their songs, “Bullets,” last year.
If you told me to name the one baseball player most likely to be “friendly with a few members of the band Creed” it would take me less than 10 seconds to name A.J. Pierzynski. And vice versa, obviously. They are a match made in annoying heaven.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins