Jan 31, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
Joe Lemire of SI.com has a good article about the music baseball players choose to play at the ballpark as they come to the plate, which is always an interesting little glimpse into the personalities involved.
Included in Lemire’s article is this passage, which perhaps qualifies as the least surprising news of all time:
White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski is friendly with a few members of the band Creed, so he picked one of their songs, “Bullets,” last year.
If you told me to name the one baseball player most likely to be “friendly with a few members of the band Creed” it would take me less than 10 seconds to name A.J. Pierzynski. And vice versa, obviously. They are a match made in annoying heaven.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)