Jan 31, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
jim edmonds’ agent paul cohen says edmonds will probably decide by early next week whether he’ll play in 2011
My guess that the deciding factor of whether or not Jim Edmonds plays next year is whether there is a team that actually wants to give him a roster spot. Given that we have not heard a single rumor about anyone interested in giving Jim Edmonds a roster spot, my suspicion is that his decision next week will be to retire.
I think he makes sense for the Braves — they desperately need a backup outfielder who can play center — but it would seem that the odds of that happening are pretty low.
Can’t wait for the “is Jim Edmonds a Hall of Famer?” debates in a couple of years. I suspect that he’ll get more support than Tim Raines has been getting recently, though I don’t think that’s necessarily logical. I’ll leave that for later though.
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 33
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 59
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- Cardinals reportedly making a strong push to acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 49
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)