Jan 31, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
jim edmonds’ agent paul cohen says edmonds will probably decide by early next week whether he’ll play in 2011
My guess that the deciding factor of whether or not Jim Edmonds plays next year is whether there is a team that actually wants to give him a roster spot. Given that we have not heard a single rumor about anyone interested in giving Jim Edmonds a roster spot, my suspicion is that his decision next week will be to retire.
I think he makes sense for the Braves — they desperately need a backup outfielder who can play center — but it would seem that the odds of that happening are pretty low.
Can’t wait for the “is Jim Edmonds a Hall of Famer?” debates in a couple of years. I suspect that he’ll get more support than Tim Raines has been getting recently, though I don’t think that’s necessarily logical. I’ll leave that for later though.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)