Jan 31, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Shawn Green had been trying to sell his home in Shady Canyon, California for $17.5 million, but the former Blue Jays, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Mets outfielder couldn’t find a taker and has now re-listed the property for the low, low price of … $10.9 million.
According to Marilyn Kalfus of the Orange Country Register the place is 13,500 square feet on 1.73 acres of land and the original list price was the highest of any home in the Irvine area.
Green last played for the Mets in 2007 and the house has been on the market since September of 2008. During his 15-season career Green made two All-Star teams, finished among the top 10 in MVP balloting three times, and earned slightly more than $100 million.
You can view a slideshow of Green’s place by clicking here.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)