Jan 31, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Shawn Green had been trying to sell his home in Shady Canyon, California for $17.5 million, but the former Blue Jays, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Mets outfielder couldn’t find a taker and has now re-listed the property for the low, low price of … $10.9 million.
According to Marilyn Kalfus of the Orange Country Register the place is 13,500 square feet on 1.73 acres of land and the original list price was the highest of any home in the Irvine area.
Green last played for the Mets in 2007 and the house has been on the market since September of 2008. During his 15-season career Green made two All-Star teams, finished among the top 10 in MVP balloting three times, and earned slightly more than $100 million.
You can view a slideshow of Green’s place by clicking here.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)