Jan 31, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Shawn Green had been trying to sell his home in Shady Canyon, California for $17.5 million, but the former Blue Jays, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Mets outfielder couldn’t find a taker and has now re-listed the property for the low, low price of … $10.9 million.
According to Marilyn Kalfus of the Orange Country Register the place is 13,500 square feet on 1.73 acres of land and the original list price was the highest of any home in the Irvine area.
Green last played for the Mets in 2007 and the house has been on the market since September of 2008. During his 15-season career Green made two All-Star teams, finished among the top 10 in MVP balloting three times, and earned slightly more than $100 million.
You can view a slideshow of Green’s place by clicking here.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)