Jan 31, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Shawn Green had been trying to sell his home in Shady Canyon, California for $17.5 million, but the former Blue Jays, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Mets outfielder couldn’t find a taker and has now re-listed the property for the low, low price of … $10.9 million.
According to Marilyn Kalfus of the Orange Country Register the place is 13,500 square feet on 1.73 acres of land and the original list price was the highest of any home in the Irvine area.
Green last played for the Mets in 2007 and the house has been on the market since September of 2008. During his 15-season career Green made two All-Star teams, finished among the top 10 in MVP balloting three times, and earned slightly more than $100 million.
You can view a slideshow of Green’s place by clicking here.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)