Jan 31, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Shawn Green had been trying to sell his home in Shady Canyon, California for $17.5 million, but the former Blue Jays, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Mets outfielder couldn’t find a taker and has now re-listed the property for the low, low price of … $10.9 million.
According to Marilyn Kalfus of the Orange Country Register the place is 13,500 square feet on 1.73 acres of land and the original list price was the highest of any home in the Irvine area.
Green last played for the Mets in 2007 and the house has been on the market since September of 2008. During his 15-season career Green made two All-Star teams, finished among the top 10 in MVP balloting three times, and earned slightly more than $100 million.
You can view a slideshow of Green’s place by clicking here.
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 109
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (110)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)