Jan 31, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick reports that the Orioles have signed Justin Duchscherer. The Baltimore Sun says that the deal is for $700K guaranteed, a base salary of $1.1 million if he makes the roster and as much as $4.5 million if he makes 30 starts.
This sounds like a great deal for Baltimore. If Duchscherer can stay healthy, he stands a decent shot of anchoring the O’s rotation. If not? It’s not a ton of money and thus no tremendous loss.
A physical is still pending, and that’s no mere formality for Duchscherer. For his part, he told Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com last week that he is “pretty much 100 percent” heading into spring training this season.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)