Jan 31, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick reports that the Orioles have signed Justin Duchscherer. The Baltimore Sun says that the deal is for $700K guaranteed, a base salary of $1.1 million if he makes the roster and as much as $4.5 million if he makes 30 starts.
This sounds like a great deal for Baltimore. If Duchscherer can stay healthy, he stands a decent shot of anchoring the O’s rotation. If not? It’s not a ton of money and thus no tremendous loss.
A physical is still pending, and that’s no mere formality for Duchscherer. For his part, he told Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com last week that he is “pretty much 100 percent” heading into spring training this season.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 24
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 12
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)