Jan 31, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick reports that the Orioles have signed Justin Duchscherer. The Baltimore Sun says that the deal is for $700K guaranteed, a base salary of $1.1 million if he makes the roster and as much as $4.5 million if he makes 30 starts.
This sounds like a great deal for Baltimore. If Duchscherer can stay healthy, he stands a decent shot of anchoring the O’s rotation. If not? It’s not a ton of money and thus no tremendous loss.
A physical is still pending, and that’s no mere formality for Duchscherer. For his part, he told Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com last week that he is “pretty much 100 percent” heading into spring training this season.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)