Jan 31, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick reports that the Orioles have signed Justin Duchscherer. The Baltimore Sun says that the deal is for $700K guaranteed, a base salary of $1.1 million if he makes the roster and as much as $4.5 million if he makes 30 starts.
This sounds like a great deal for Baltimore. If Duchscherer can stay healthy, he stands a decent shot of anchoring the O’s rotation. If not? It’s not a ton of money and thus no tremendous loss.
A physical is still pending, and that’s no mere formality for Duchscherer. For his part, he told Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com last week that he is “pretty much 100 percent” heading into spring training this season.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 18
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 47
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)