Feb 1, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
There hasn’t been much speculation about John Maine this offseason, but the rehabbing right-hander’s agent told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he “feels great” and is “throwing well” following shoulder surgery.
Maine was briefly linked to Philadelphia last month, but the Phillies’ pitching staff is so full right now that they don’t even have the room to re-sign Chad Durbin. Of course, Maine is more of reclamation project than immediate addition.
According to agent Rex Gary “teams are watching him closely.” Presumably he’ll agree to a minor-league deal within the next week or so.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 11
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)