Feb 1, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
There hasn’t been much speculation about John Maine this offseason, but the rehabbing right-hander’s agent told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he “feels great” and is “throwing well” following shoulder surgery.
Maine was briefly linked to Philadelphia last month, but the Phillies’ pitching staff is so full right now that they don’t even have the room to re-sign Chad Durbin. Of course, Maine is more of reclamation project than immediate addition.
According to agent Rex Gary “teams are watching him closely.” Presumably he’ll agree to a minor-league deal within the next week or so.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)