Feb 1, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
There hasn’t been much speculation about John Maine this offseason, but the rehabbing right-hander’s agent told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he “feels great” and is “throwing well” following shoulder surgery.
Maine was briefly linked to Philadelphia last month, but the Phillies’ pitching staff is so full right now that they don’t even have the room to re-sign Chad Durbin. Of course, Maine is more of reclamation project than immediate addition.
According to agent Rex Gary “teams are watching him closely.” Presumably he’ll agree to a minor-league deal within the next week or so.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (124)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)