Feb 1, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
There hasn’t been much speculation about John Maine this offseason, but the rehabbing right-hander’s agent told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he “feels great” and is “throwing well” following shoulder surgery.
Maine was briefly linked to Philadelphia last month, but the Phillies’ pitching staff is so full right now that they don’t even have the room to re-sign Chad Durbin. Of course, Maine is more of reclamation project than immediate addition.
According to agent Rex Gary “teams are watching him closely.” Presumably he’ll agree to a minor-league deal within the next week or so.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (104)