Feb 1, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
There hasn’t been much speculation about John Maine this offseason, but the rehabbing right-hander’s agent told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he “feels great” and is “throwing well” following shoulder surgery.
Maine was briefly linked to Philadelphia last month, but the Phillies’ pitching staff is so full right now that they don’t even have the room to re-sign Chad Durbin. Of course, Maine is more of reclamation project than immediate addition.
According to agent Rex Gary “teams are watching him closely.” Presumably he’ll agree to a minor-league deal within the next week or so.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)