Feb 1, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
As evidenced by this insane picture from space, there’s some pretty crazy winter weather going on around the country right now. Perhaps you’re right in the middle of it.
We currently have a massive blizzard wreaking havoc in the Chicago area. Mayor Richard M. Daley cautioned that it could be “a storm of historic magnitude” and “one of the largest storms we’ve seen in the last 30 to 40 years or more.” Well, historic Wrigley Field has already felt the brunt of the blizzard first hand.
According to the Chicago Tribune, a portion of a structural panel above the press box “broke away” during today’s snow storm and scattered debris outside the ballpark. The streets around the stadium have been closed off, but fortunately no injuries were reported.
If you want to get a feel for what Chicago is going through, check out this live feed directly across the street from Wrigley Field. You can even see the panel in the shot.
And to think, Opening Day against the Pirates is exactly two months away.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)