Feb 1, 2011, 10:32 PM EST
As evidenced by this insane picture from space, there’s some pretty crazy winter weather going on around the country right now. Perhaps you’re right in the middle of it.
We currently have a massive blizzard wreaking havoc in the Chicago area. Mayor Richard M. Daley cautioned that it could be “a storm of historic magnitude” and “one of the largest storms we’ve seen in the last 30 to 40 years or more.” Well, historic Wrigley Field has already felt the brunt of the blizzard first hand.
According to the Chicago Tribune, a portion of a structural panel above the press box “broke away” during today’s snow storm and scattered debris outside the ballpark. The streets around the stadium have been closed off, but fortunately no injuries were reported.
If you want to get a feel for what Chicago is going through, check out this live feed directly across the street from Wrigley Field. You can even see the panel in the shot.
And to think, Opening Day against the Pirates is exactly two months away.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 63
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)