Feb 1, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
As evidenced by this insane picture from space, there’s some pretty crazy winter weather going on around the country right now. Perhaps you’re right in the middle of it.
We currently have a massive blizzard wreaking havoc in the Chicago area. Mayor Richard M. Daley cautioned that it could be “a storm of historic magnitude” and “one of the largest storms we’ve seen in the last 30 to 40 years or more.” Well, historic Wrigley Field has already felt the brunt of the blizzard first hand.
According to the Chicago Tribune, a portion of a structural panel above the press box “broke away” during today’s snow storm and scattered debris outside the ballpark. The streets around the stadium have been closed off, but fortunately no injuries were reported.
If you want to get a feel for what Chicago is going through, check out this live feed directly across the street from Wrigley Field. You can even see the panel in the shot.
And to think, Opening Day against the Pirates is exactly two months away.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)