Feb 2, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
This will be funny for anyone who collected baseball cards in the 1980s but sort of perplexing for anyone who didn’t. Short version: Cal Ripken’s daughter called him a Billy Ripken’s bat handle.
Those of you needing more explanation are probably best served by reading the story over at the Baltimore Sun as its too rambling to effectively and fairly blockquote.
And yes, I have that card. About a dozen of them.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)