Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
The next 48 hours expected to be pivotal in the Vladimir Guerrero contract talks. The O’s have their offer on table; Vlad is looking for more.
The last reports had the O’s offering Guerrero $4-5 million. Rather than passively showing a mere lack of interest, teams are actually announcing that they’re not interested in Vlad. I’m not exactly sure what Guerrero is expecting to get by waiting much longer, but if I’m the O’s I tell him that my offer goes down by $500K every twelve hours that it’s not accepted.
Maybe that’s too harsh, but the O’s could totally do that now if they wanted to.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)