Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
The next 48 hours expected to be pivotal in the Vladimir Guerrero contract talks. The O’s have their offer on table; Vlad is looking for more.
The last reports had the O’s offering Guerrero $4-5 million. Rather than passively showing a mere lack of interest, teams are actually announcing that they’re not interested in Vlad. I’m not exactly sure what Guerrero is expecting to get by waiting much longer, but if I’m the O’s I tell him that my offer goes down by $500K every twelve hours that it’s not accepted.
Maybe that’s too harsh, but the O’s could totally do that now if they wanted to.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106