Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
The next 48 hours expected to be pivotal in the Vladimir Guerrero contract talks. The O’s have their offer on table; Vlad is looking for more.
The last reports had the O’s offering Guerrero $4-5 million. Rather than passively showing a mere lack of interest, teams are actually announcing that they’re not interested in Vlad. I’m not exactly sure what Guerrero is expecting to get by waiting much longer, but if I’m the O’s I tell him that my offer goes down by $500K every twelve hours that it’s not accepted.
Maybe that’s too harsh, but the O’s could totally do that now if they wanted to.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)