Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
The next 48 hours expected to be pivotal in the Vladimir Guerrero contract talks. The O’s have their offer on table; Vlad is looking for more.
The last reports had the O’s offering Guerrero $4-5 million. Rather than passively showing a mere lack of interest, teams are actually announcing that they’re not interested in Vlad. I’m not exactly sure what Guerrero is expecting to get by waiting much longer, but if I’m the O’s I tell him that my offer goes down by $500K every twelve hours that it’s not accepted.
Maybe that’s too harsh, but the O’s could totally do that now if they wanted to.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 38
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)