Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
The next 48 hours expected to be pivotal in the Vladimir Guerrero contract talks. The O’s have their offer on table; Vlad is looking for more.
The last reports had the O’s offering Guerrero $4-5 million. Rather than passively showing a mere lack of interest, teams are actually announcing that they’re not interested in Vlad. I’m not exactly sure what Guerrero is expecting to get by waiting much longer, but if I’m the O’s I tell him that my offer goes down by $500K every twelve hours that it’s not accepted.
Maybe that’s too harsh, but the O’s could totally do that now if they wanted to.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)