Feb 2, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Roger Clemens will be in court for a hearing today regarding that potential conflict of interest issue with his lawyer, Rustin Hardin, that we talked about last week (and three years ago). Short version: Hardin represented Pettitte for a millisecond and Pettitte is now going to testify against Clemens. This gave me a larf:
Prosecutors have proposed that [Judge] Walton require Michael Attanasio, another Clemens lawyer who is not from Hardin’s firm, handle any cross-examination of Pettitte during the trial scheduled for July.
Psst! Prosecutors! Every single thing Rusty Hardin has done during the course of his representation of Clemens has failed. He has either given bad advice or acquiesced to Clemens’ own bad decisions every single time a decision has had to be made. Every. Single. Time. It’s uncanny! Clemens would be in less trouble legally, personally and professionally right now if he had been represented by a Magic Eight Ball. And you want to limit Hardin’s role in the case? Really?
Dudes: let it ride. If some other lawyer cross-examines Pettitte he might actually harm your case a tad. Let Hardin run wild and the jury might just convict Clemmens of the Lindbergh kidnapping. Trust me.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)