Feb 2, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Roger Clemens will be in court for a hearing today regarding that potential conflict of interest issue with his lawyer, Rustin Hardin, that we talked about last week (and three years ago). Short version: Hardin represented Pettitte for a millisecond and Pettitte is now going to testify against Clemens. This gave me a larf:
Prosecutors have proposed that [Judge] Walton require Michael Attanasio, another Clemens lawyer who is not from Hardin’s firm, handle any cross-examination of Pettitte during the trial scheduled for July.
Psst! Prosecutors! Every single thing Rusty Hardin has done during the course of his representation of Clemens has failed. He has either given bad advice or acquiesced to Clemens’ own bad decisions every single time a decision has had to be made. Every. Single. Time. It’s uncanny! Clemens would be in less trouble legally, personally and professionally right now if he had been represented by a Magic Eight Ball. And you want to limit Hardin’s role in the case? Really?
Dudes: let it ride. If some other lawyer cross-examines Pettitte he might actually harm your case a tad. Let Hardin run wild and the jury might just convict Clemmens of the Lindbergh kidnapping. Trust me.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)