Feb 2, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Roger Clemens will be in court for a hearing today regarding that potential conflict of interest issue with his lawyer, Rustin Hardin, that we talked about last week (and three years ago). Short version: Hardin represented Pettitte for a millisecond and Pettitte is now going to testify against Clemens. This gave me a larf:
Prosecutors have proposed that [Judge] Walton require Michael Attanasio, another Clemens lawyer who is not from Hardin’s firm, handle any cross-examination of Pettitte during the trial scheduled for July.
Psst! Prosecutors! Every single thing Rusty Hardin has done during the course of his representation of Clemens has failed. He has either given bad advice or acquiesced to Clemens’ own bad decisions every single time a decision has had to be made. Every. Single. Time. It’s uncanny! Clemens would be in less trouble legally, personally and professionally right now if he had been represented by a Magic Eight Ball. And you want to limit Hardin’s role in the case? Really?
Dudes: let it ride. If some other lawyer cross-examines Pettitte he might actually harm your case a tad. Let Hardin run wild and the jury might just convict Clemmens of the Lindbergh kidnapping. Trust me.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 32
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 40
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)