Feb 2, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Roger Clemens will be in court for a hearing today regarding that potential conflict of interest issue with his lawyer, Rustin Hardin, that we talked about last week (and three years ago). Short version: Hardin represented Pettitte for a millisecond and Pettitte is now going to testify against Clemens. This gave me a larf:
Prosecutors have proposed that [Judge] Walton require Michael Attanasio, another Clemens lawyer who is not from Hardin’s firm, handle any cross-examination of Pettitte during the trial scheduled for July.
Psst! Prosecutors! Every single thing Rusty Hardin has done during the course of his representation of Clemens has failed. He has either given bad advice or acquiesced to Clemens’ own bad decisions every single time a decision has had to be made. Every. Single. Time. It’s uncanny! Clemens would be in less trouble legally, personally and professionally right now if he had been represented by a Magic Eight Ball. And you want to limit Hardin’s role in the case? Really?
Dudes: let it ride. If some other lawyer cross-examines Pettitte he might actually harm your case a tad. Let Hardin run wild and the jury might just convict Clemmens of the Lindbergh kidnapping. Trust me.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)