Feb 2, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
As we mentioned this morning, Roger Clemens was in court today to deal with is attorney’s conflict-of-interest. It’s all resolved now. Conflicts have been waived and another attorney is going to cross-examine Andy Pettitte. Tough break for the prosecution. Oh well.
This part was fun, though:
[Judge] Walton ended the 10-minute hearing by raising another point he said he felt he should put on the record: a brief discussion about Clemens that the judge had with former all-star outfielder Ken Griffey Sr.
Walton said he and Griffey grew up playing ball together and ran into one another a couple months ago at a homecoming celebration in their hometown of Donora, Pa. Walton said Griffey mentioned that he saw Walton was handling the Clemens case and told the judge the defendant is a “good guy.” Walton said he quickly cut off the conversation by telling Griffey he couldn’t talk about the case.
Not sure why the judge would cut off conversation then. Based on Ken Griffey Sr.’s claim that Clemens was a “good guy,” he obviously hasn’t read anything about Clemens since the late 90s.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)