Feb 2, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
As we mentioned this morning, Roger Clemens was in court today to deal with is attorney’s conflict-of-interest. It’s all resolved now. Conflicts have been waived and another attorney is going to cross-examine Andy Pettitte. Tough break for the prosecution. Oh well.
This part was fun, though:
[Judge] Walton ended the 10-minute hearing by raising another point he said he felt he should put on the record: a brief discussion about Clemens that the judge had with former all-star outfielder Ken Griffey Sr.
Walton said he and Griffey grew up playing ball together and ran into one another a couple months ago at a homecoming celebration in their hometown of Donora, Pa. Walton said Griffey mentioned that he saw Walton was handling the Clemens case and told the judge the defendant is a “good guy.” Walton said he quickly cut off the conversation by telling Griffey he couldn’t talk about the case.
Not sure why the judge would cut off conversation then. Based on Ken Griffey Sr.’s claim that Clemens was a “good guy,” he obviously hasn’t read anything about Clemens since the late 90s.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)