The Manny Ramirez Johnny Damon press conference

Feb 2, 2011, 5:00 PM EST

Johnny Damon, Many Ramirez

I mentioned this yesterday. It was entertaining enough that some of you may want to watch it.

Rays fans will think it’s funny up to the exact moment that the team starts losing or Manny creates some sort of turmoil.  At that point, they’ll never ever want to watch this video or be reminded of its contents again.

1. jetersusedjersey - Feb 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM

When Damon is hitting 240 and Manny is throwing fits the Rays will be kicking themselves.

2. Jack Marshall - Feb 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I’d like to start a pool on what the combined IQ’s of these two are. I’m betting under 200. Lower?

• pisano - Feb 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I think your close, but you might be too generous. These two combined may be a step below a bag of rocks.

• jh0088 - Feb 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Anyone in baseball comes off smarter than Aaron Boone, who if you recall, hit that home run off Tim Wakefield in the ALCS for the Yanks a few years ago… well at the end of what some consider to be the greatest baseball game ever played (please let’s not get into that argument though) the hero of the moment is asked about hitting the game winning home run to send his team to the World Series, and his only reply was, “it’s stupid”.

This is why baseball players need some college.

• Tim's Neighbor - Feb 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM

If you’re going to mock someone’s intelligence, at least nail down your grammar. Just to start: Your and you’re are two different words.

So let’s taking it easy on ragging on these guys as people and stick to baseball.

3. Tim's Neighbor - Feb 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM

*take

• pisano - Feb 3, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I appreciate the concern, but if I want YOUR help I’ll get in touch with you. In other words don’t call me I’ll call you. BTW, this thread is not about a grammar lesson, maybe you should find another site to correct people because YOU”RE not wanted or needed here.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5762)
  2. M. Kemp (3233)
  3. J. Kang (3139)
  4. C. McGehee (3061)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (3039)
  1. J. Upton (2966)