Feb 3, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Quite literally. Courtesy of Nationals Enquirer, here’s Bryce Harper swinging a bat that measures 36 inches and weighs 47 ounces. Most ballplayers use a bat that’s between 30 and 34 ounces, so this bad boy is as much as a pound heavier than what’s typical. Doesn’t look like he’s laboring too much either.
Dudes: if this kid can figure out how to lay off major league-level junk, he’s going to be a beast.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)