Feb 3, 2011, 10:58 AM EST
Quite literally. Courtesy of Nationals Enquirer, here’s Bryce Harper swinging a bat that measures 36 inches and weighs 47 ounces. Most ballplayers use a bat that’s between 30 and 34 ounces, so this bad boy is as much as a pound heavier than what’s typical. Doesn’t look like he’s laboring too much either.
Dudes: if this kid can figure out how to lay off major league-level junk, he’s going to be a beast.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)