Feb 3, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Quite literally. Courtesy of Nationals Enquirer, here’s Bryce Harper swinging a bat that measures 36 inches and weighs 47 ounces. Most ballplayers use a bat that’s between 30 and 34 ounces, so this bad boy is as much as a pound heavier than what’s typical. Doesn’t look like he’s laboring too much either.
Dudes: if this kid can figure out how to lay off major league-level junk, he’s going to be a beast.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)