Feb 3, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
Heard this: Millwood is looking for $4-$5 millon for 2011, which is significantly more than some teams willing to consider.
Eh, no one seems that desperate. Especially for a guy who went 4-16 with a 5.10 ERA last year. I think if he were in a hitter-friendly park that the U.N. would send in peacekeepers to try to limit the carnage.
Put him in the National League, though, in a more forgiving park than Camden Yards? OK, I can maybe see it.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)