Feb 3, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
We have months to talk about what Andy Pettitte retiring means for the Yankees and years to talk about his Hall of Fame chances. But the best way to think about Andy Pettitte today is as a fabulous ballplayer. In that vein, Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues has put together a great photo retrospective of Andy Pettitte’s career. By all means, check it out.
Best part: Pettitte talking with a Little League-age Colby Rasmus back in 1999. Probably makes Pettitte feel a bit old. Probably makes Rasmus feel really damn good. Cool picture either way.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)