Feb 3, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
We have months to talk about what Andy Pettitte retiring means for the Yankees and years to talk about his Hall of Fame chances. But the best way to think about Andy Pettitte today is as a fabulous ballplayer. In that vein, Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues has put together a great photo retrospective of Andy Pettitte’s career. By all means, check it out.
Best part: Pettitte talking with a Little League-age Colby Rasmus back in 1999. Probably makes Pettitte feel a bit old. Probably makes Rasmus feel really damn good. Cool picture either way.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)