Feb 3, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
We have months to talk about what Andy Pettitte retiring means for the Yankees and years to talk about his Hall of Fame chances. But the best way to think about Andy Pettitte today is as a fabulous ballplayer. In that vein, Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues has put together a great photo retrospective of Andy Pettitte’s career. By all means, check it out.
Best part: Pettitte talking with a Little League-age Colby Rasmus back in 1999. Probably makes Pettitte feel a bit old. Probably makes Rasmus feel really damn good. Cool picture either way.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 50
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 21
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)