Feb 3, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
We have months to talk about what Andy Pettitte retiring means for the Yankees and years to talk about his Hall of Fame chances. But the best way to think about Andy Pettitte today is as a fabulous ballplayer. In that vein, Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues has put together a great photo retrospective of Andy Pettitte’s career. By all means, check it out.
Best part: Pettitte talking with a Little League-age Colby Rasmus back in 1999. Probably makes Pettitte feel a bit old. Probably makes Rasmus feel really damn good. Cool picture either way.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)