Feb 3, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
We have months to talk about what Andy Pettitte retiring means for the Yankees and years to talk about his Hall of Fame chances. But the best way to think about Andy Pettitte today is as a fabulous ballplayer. In that vein, Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues has put together a great photo retrospective of Andy Pettitte’s career. By all means, check it out.
Best part: Pettitte talking with a Little League-age Colby Rasmus back in 1999. Probably makes Pettitte feel a bit old. Probably makes Rasmus feel really damn good. Cool picture either way.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (161)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)