Feb 3, 2011, 9:35 AM EDT
“The weight figures reported last week in piratesreport.com were not accurate. Having said that, we have continued to stress to Pedro the critical importance of his conditioning. Pedro has gotten stronger through an extensive offseason conditioning program, but there is still work to be done with respect to body weight and composition.”
If he’s quibbling over the actual number of pounds but not refuting concerns about Alvarez’s overall conditioning, it probably means that there was more than a little something to the initial report.
That said, Alvarez is a young guy. And young guys have this obnoxious habit of being able to shed pounds with very little effort if they put their mind to it. God I hate them for that.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims