Feb 3, 2011, 9:35 AM EDT
“The weight figures reported last week in piratesreport.com were not accurate. Having said that, we have continued to stress to Pedro the critical importance of his conditioning. Pedro has gotten stronger through an extensive offseason conditioning program, but there is still work to be done with respect to body weight and composition.”
If he’s quibbling over the actual number of pounds but not refuting concerns about Alvarez’s overall conditioning, it probably means that there was more than a little something to the initial report.
That said, Alvarez is a young guy. And young guys have this obnoxious habit of being able to shed pounds with very little effort if they put their mind to it. God I hate them for that.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8