Feb 3, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
Yankees announcer and ESPN Radio host Michael Kay just tweeted the following:
I have learned that Andy Pettitte will officially retire tomorrow. [More] details to come….Michael
Ken Rosenthal has a source that is confirming that Pettitte will retire tomorrow. Jack Curry of YES Network has a full story on it here. He’s heading to New York where there will be a press conference.
This has been the bad news Yankees fans have feared for some time. They’ve prepared themselves for it, but they’ve all hoped that Pettitte was going to give it one last go-around.
What does this mean for the Yankees rotation and chances? I take a first stab at it here. Short version: everything’s going to have to break right.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)