Feb 3, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that two Japanese clubs are willing to take Kenshin Kawakami off the Braves’ hands and pick up more than half of his remaining $6.67 million salary.
Kawakami is, at best, the Braves’ sixth starter right now. He has never lived up to his contract and no one in the organization appears to have any confidence in him. As such, I’m assuming that he’s going to be in an NPB spring training camp ASAP.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)