Feb 3, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that two Japanese clubs are willing to take Kenshin Kawakami off the Braves’ hands and pick up more than half of his remaining $6.67 million salary.
Kawakami is, at best, the Braves’ sixth starter right now. He has never lived up to his contract and no one in the organization appears to have any confidence in him. As such, I’m assuming that he’s going to be in an NPB spring training camp ASAP.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 4
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)