Feb 3, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that two Japanese clubs are willing to take Kenshin Kawakami off the Braves’ hands and pick up more than half of his remaining $6.67 million salary.
Kawakami is, at best, the Braves’ sixth starter right now. He has never lived up to his contract and no one in the organization appears to have any confidence in him. As such, I’m assuming that he’s going to be in an NPB spring training camp ASAP.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)