The Madoff trustee cuts off settlement discussions with the Wilpons; wants the case documents made public
Feb 3, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the New York Times wrote an article painting the Wilpons in a less-than-wonderful light. Today, the Wilpons struck back, both in this morning’s Daily News article I linked and in a piece with Darren Rovell over at CNBC. In the Daily New piece someone “close to the Wilpons” accused the bankruptcy trustee of extortion.
I’m guessing the bankruptcy trustee didn’t like that much, because according to Rovell, this afternoon he told the judge that the settlement discussions are off and he now has no objection to the case files being unsealed. Call me crazy, but that’s not the move of a man who lacks confidence in his case against the Wilpons.
Things just got more fun. And for the Wilpons, they just got more expensive.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8