The Madoff trustee cuts off settlement discussions with the Wilpons; wants the case documents made public
Feb 3, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the New York Times wrote an article painting the Wilpons in a less-than-wonderful light. Today, the Wilpons struck back, both in this morning’s Daily News article I linked and in a piece with Darren Rovell over at CNBC. In the Daily New piece someone “close to the Wilpons” accused the bankruptcy trustee of extortion.
I’m guessing the bankruptcy trustee didn’t like that much, because according to Rovell, this afternoon he told the judge that the settlement discussions are off and he now has no objection to the case files being unsealed. Call me crazy, but that’s not the move of a man who lacks confidence in his case against the Wilpons.
Things just got more fun. And for the Wilpons, they just got more expensive.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 1
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 36
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 42
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)