The Madoff trustee cuts off settlement discussions with the Wilpons; wants the case documents made public
Feb 3, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the New York Times wrote an article painting the Wilpons in a less-than-wonderful light. Today, the Wilpons struck back, both in this morning’s Daily News article I linked and in a piece with Darren Rovell over at CNBC. In the Daily New piece someone “close to the Wilpons” accused the bankruptcy trustee of extortion.
I’m guessing the bankruptcy trustee didn’t like that much, because according to Rovell, this afternoon he told the judge that the settlement discussions are off and he now has no objection to the case files being unsealed. Call me crazy, but that’s not the move of a man who lacks confidence in his case against the Wilpons.
Things just got more fun. And for the Wilpons, they just got more expensive.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)