The Madoff trustee cuts off settlement discussions with the Wilpons; wants the case documents made public
Feb 3, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the New York Times wrote an article painting the Wilpons in a less-than-wonderful light. Today, the Wilpons struck back, both in this morning’s Daily News article I linked and in a piece with Darren Rovell over at CNBC. In the Daily New piece someone “close to the Wilpons” accused the bankruptcy trustee of extortion.
I’m guessing the bankruptcy trustee didn’t like that much, because according to Rovell, this afternoon he told the judge that the settlement discussions are off and he now has no objection to the case files being unsealed. Call me crazy, but that’s not the move of a man who lacks confidence in his case against the Wilpons.
Things just got more fun. And for the Wilpons, they just got more expensive.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy