Feb 3, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Milledge has gone from one-time top prospect to being non-tendered by the Pirates and unable to land a big-league deal, but he’s not even 26 years old yet and hasn’t been a total bum with a .269 batting average and .723 OPS in 1,655 career plate appearances.
He won’t have an opportunity to claim an everyday job in Chicago with Alex Rios, Carlos Quentin, and Juan Pierre set as the outfield starters, but Milledge would be a solid fit as a fourth outfielder who can offer plus defense in a corner spot and an .800 OPS versus left-handed pitching during the past three seasons.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)