Feb 4, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Stuff like this becomes sort of a no-brainer in the wake of a championship, but this afternoon the Giants officially exercised their 2012 options on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean. Both were already under contract for 2011.
Bochy, who joined the Giants in 2007 as Felipe Alou’s replacement following 12 seasons as the Padres’ manager, has a 323-325 (.498) record during four seasons in San Francisco.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since 1996, during which time the team has had a winning record in 10 of 15 seasons, including five playoff appearances and two trips to the World Series.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner