Feb 4, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Stuff like this becomes sort of a no-brainer in the wake of a championship, but this afternoon the Giants officially exercised their 2012 options on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean. Both were already under contract for 2011.
Bochy, who joined the Giants in 2007 as Felipe Alou’s replacement following 12 seasons as the Padres’ manager, has a 323-325 (.498) record during four seasons in San Francisco.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since 1996, during which time the team has had a winning record in 10 of 15 seasons, including five playoff appearances and two trips to the World Series.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 1
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 47
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)