Feb 4, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Stuff like this becomes sort of a no-brainer in the wake of a championship, but this afternoon the Giants officially exercised their 2012 options on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean. Both were already under contract for 2011.
Bochy, who joined the Giants in 2007 as Felipe Alou’s replacement following 12 seasons as the Padres’ manager, has a 323-325 (.498) record during four seasons in San Francisco.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since 1996, during which time the team has had a winning record in 10 of 15 seasons, including five playoff appearances and two trips to the World Series.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 2
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)