Feb 4, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Stuff like this becomes sort of a no-brainer in the wake of a championship, but this afternoon the Giants officially exercised their 2012 options on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean. Both were already under contract for 2011.
Bochy, who joined the Giants in 2007 as Felipe Alou’s replacement following 12 seasons as the Padres’ manager, has a 323-325 (.498) record during four seasons in San Francisco.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since 1996, during which time the team has had a winning record in 10 of 15 seasons, including five playoff appearances and two trips to the World Series.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)