Feb 4, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Stuff like this becomes sort of a no-brainer in the wake of a championship, but this afternoon the Giants officially exercised their 2012 options on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean. Both were already under contract for 2011.
Bochy, who joined the Giants in 2007 as Felipe Alou’s replacement following 12 seasons as the Padres’ manager, has a 323-325 (.498) record during four seasons in San Francisco.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since 1996, during which time the team has had a winning record in 10 of 15 seasons, including five playoff appearances and two trips to the World Series.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)