Feb 4, 2011, 8:39 AM EDT
This link has been making the rounds: T-shirts with stylized mustache dude caricatures from various major league teams.
I didn’t check the descriptions to see who each shirt was supposed to represent, but I was able to guess most of them. I think my favorite one is the Reggie Jackson.
Overall I can’t decide if these things are cool or lame. First, kneejerk impression: awesome. Later impression: still positive, but less awesome as I imagine a lot of them floating around a stadium. Some shirts just work better if only one dude has them and you have no idea where he got it. Of course then you’re walking a fine line between cool and hipster, and that has its own set of issues.
Really, t-shirt politics are tough.
UPDATE: A commenter notes that this may just be a Nike ripoff of this Pavano shirt that a Twins blogger began selling last year. Hurm. It’s too early for me to delve into the ethics of a company ripping off a product that is probably subject to an injunction for being unlicensed merchandise in the first place. Perhaps I’ll take a nap and think about it later.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8