Feb 4, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
Yes, I’m shilling something here. But it’s a good something. The Rotoworld Draft Guide drops today, and you really should consider buying it.
What is it? Tons of analysis, projections, and profiles for over 1,000 players ranging down to A-ball. Articles covering prospects, keeper-league strategies, mock drafts, sleepers and busts. There are customizable, printable cheat sheets, updated depth charts for all teams and all manner of other goodness.
And I even wrote some stuff in it. Yes, I’m a fantasy baseball moron, but don’t worry: my stuff is not fantasy-related. It’s for the yuks. Specifically, my 2011 “Year in Preview” in which I make hilarious predictions of what might come to pass this year, such as:
February: Given the addition of Cliff Lee to a rotation that already includes Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels and Roy Oswalt, Commissioner Selig decides to call off the rest of the season and award the Phillies the 2011 World Series trophy. Phillies fans still complain, however, saying that they were “disrespected” by virtue of the fact that Selig did not have the words “and all of the rest of you are losers” engraved under the team’s name on the trophy.
August: The pennant races really begin to heat up:
- The Red Sox – powered by Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez – hold a commanding 10-game lead over the Yankees. Yankees fans complain about the Sox “buying a championship.”
- The White Sox, Tigers and Twins are in a three-team dogfight for the AL Central. The White Sox begin to fade, however, when team chemistry goes in the toilet after Ozzie Guillen’s son Oney buys a six-pack of Four Loko and decides to spend a quiet evening at home on Twitter telling everyone exactly what he thinks of the current White Sox roster.
And it just goes on and on like that. I also have a rundown of the top 25 offseason moves, though that may actually be baseball writing rather than my usual snark-fest.
The real appeal, here, however, is for you fantasy players. It’s chock full ‘o the kind of goodness you need to pwn your leagues. Arron, Matthew, D.J., Drew and many others worked a metric-butt-ton of hours to put this bad boy together. It’s great stuff.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)