Feb 6, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Giants reached agreement on a minor league contract Saturday with outfielder Justin Christian.
Christian, 30, posted a decent .289/.366/.435 batting line with nine homers and 22 stolen bases over 468 plate appearances between Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre last season.
The Lincoln, Nebraska native has spent his entire career in the Yankees’ farm system. Well, until now.
Christian’s deal does not carry an invitation to big league camp, so he will spend his spring training with the Giants’ minor leaguers and attempt to work his way up once the season begins. He hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2008. Right now, he’s playing for Mexico in the Caribbean Series.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)