Feb 6, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Giants reached agreement on a minor league contract Saturday with outfielder Justin Christian.
Christian, 30, posted a decent .289/.366/.435 batting line with nine homers and 22 stolen bases over 468 plate appearances between Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre last season.
The Lincoln, Nebraska native has spent his entire career in the Yankees’ farm system. Well, until now.
Christian’s deal does not carry an invitation to big league camp, so he will spend his spring training with the Giants’ minor leaguers and attempt to work his way up once the season begins. He hasn’t appeared in a major league game since 2008. Right now, he’s playing for Mexico in the Caribbean Series.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 16
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)