Feb 6, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
If you’re a real football fan, you’re probably not reading this post because you’re undoubtedly taking in the gobs of great content that Pro Football Talk has been pumping out all day. We’ll leave the analysis to them. Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, Michael David Smith, Evan Silva and Josh Alper do it better than anyone.
But Super Bowl Sunday is an American holiday. And even if baseball is more of your thing, it’s a great excuse to inhale finger foods and sample brews before the start of a long week. We have our picks, you have your picks. Share them here.
Packers 23, Steelers 17
Packers 31, Steelers 24
Packers 27, Steelers 20
Steelers 27, Packers 21
Steelers 24, Packers 21
Steelers 23, Packers 17
It should be a good one, with two of the NFL’s most storied and well-run franchises going at it. Let’s just hope FOX keeps the Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime plugs to a minimum and that something goes terribly wrong while the Black Eyed Peas are signing karaoke, or whatever it is they do. Why is John Travolta talking to Michael Strahan right now on my TV?
May your glasses be hop-filled and your bellies full.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)