Feb 6, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
If you’re a real football fan, you’re probably not reading this post because you’re undoubtedly taking in the gobs of great content that Pro Football Talk has been pumping out all day. We’ll leave the analysis to them. Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, Michael David Smith, Evan Silva and Josh Alper do it better than anyone.
But Super Bowl Sunday is an American holiday. And even if baseball is more of your thing, it’s a great excuse to inhale finger foods and sample brews before the start of a long week. We have our picks, you have your picks. Share them here.
Packers 23, Steelers 17
Packers 31, Steelers 24
Packers 27, Steelers 20
Steelers 27, Packers 21
Steelers 24, Packers 21
Steelers 23, Packers 17
It should be a good one, with two of the NFL’s most storied and well-run franchises going at it. Let’s just hope FOX keeps the Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime plugs to a minimum and that something goes terribly wrong while the Black Eyed Peas are signing karaoke, or whatever it is they do. Why is John Travolta talking to Michael Strahan right now on my TV?
May your glasses be hop-filled and your bellies full.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)