Feb 6, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
If you’re a real football fan, you’re probably not reading this post because you’re undoubtedly taking in the gobs of great content that Pro Football Talk has been pumping out all day. We’ll leave the analysis to them. Mike Florio, Gregg Rosenthal, Michael David Smith, Evan Silva and Josh Alper do it better than anyone.
But Super Bowl Sunday is an American holiday. And even if baseball is more of your thing, it’s a great excuse to inhale finger foods and sample brews before the start of a long week. We have our picks, you have your picks. Share them here.
Packers 23, Steelers 17
Packers 31, Steelers 24
Packers 27, Steelers 20
Steelers 27, Packers 21
Steelers 24, Packers 21
Steelers 23, Packers 17
It should be a good one, with two of the NFL’s most storied and well-run franchises going at it. Let’s just hope FOX keeps the Crime Scene: Scene of the Crime plugs to a minimum and that something goes terribly wrong while the Black Eyed Peas are signing karaoke, or whatever it is they do. Why is John Travolta talking to Michael Strahan right now on my TV?
May your glasses be hop-filled and your bellies full.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (159)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)