Feb 7, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
We spent a good deal of last season hearing about Carlos Delgado’s rehab and non-comeback. Looks like we’re going to be doing more of that this year:
“The rehab is coming along, and I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing,” he said. “I would say within the next couple of weeks I will have a better idea of when I’m going to be ready because we are going to start sprinting a little bit and I’m going to take batting practice a little bit more often. Right now, it’s every other day or every two days just because you just go gradually into it.”
Delgado played five games for Pawtucket last spring before his left hip derailed him. Before that it was May 2009, when his right hip derailed him. I love the guy, but it would be fairly shocking if he played another game in Major League Baseball.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona