Feb 7, 2011, 6:04 AM EDT
What you may have missed while building a fort out of guacamole and empty hype:
- The Orioles either bid against themselves for Vladamir Guerrero or else the Mystery Team strikes again.
- The Yankees signed Eric Chavez and Ronnie Belliard. A-Rod, Teixeira, Cano and Jeter: you’re on notice!
- Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Kyle Drabek!
- The Indians are “making progress” with Kevin Millwood. I would make jokes about Millwood’s lack of leverage here, but after Vlad got $8 million I don’t think I understand what leverage is anymore.
- Jim Edmonds had surgery on his Achilles tendon last month. Last month? I mean, I know it’s hard to get an appointment sometimes, but Edmonds has been idled since the end of September. You’d think he might have done that earlier.
- Pujols contract negotiations aren’t going very well. Mang.
- How the Mets handle K-Rod this year could be the financial canary in the coal mine.
- Woodie Fryman, R.I.P. For Tigers fans alive in 1972 he was the proto-Doyle Alexander. And they didn’t have to give up nothin’ for him.
- Please, let’s not start this crap, OK?
- For, lo, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; The time of the singing of birds is come, And the voice of the turtle — and J.D. Drew’s first injury of the year — is heard in our land.
- This Michael Young business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.
- Hey, get me: I picked a Super Bowl winner. I didn’t know until later, though, seeing as though I watched George Clooney in “The American” instead of the football game.
Gentlemen, start your equipment trucks. It’s spring training time.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)