Feb 7, 2011, 11:51 PM EST
They are the Cardinals, Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rockies, Dodgers, Angels and Padres.
Young is from Southern California, so it’s no surprise to see the Dodgers, Angels and Padres on this list. Of course, this doesn’t mean the interest will be mutual. Dude is owed $48 million over the next three seasons, so a trade won’t be easy, even if the Rangers are willing to absorb a large part of his remaining salary.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels indicated earlier tonight that they would prefer to make a deal with a team on Young’s list, though that is obviously subject to change. If Young wants out so bad, he’d probably accept a deal anywhere.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)