Feb 7, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
They are the Cardinals, Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rockies, Dodgers, Angels and Padres.
Young is from Southern California, so it’s no surprise to see the Dodgers, Angels and Padres on this list. Of course, this doesn’t mean the interest will be mutual. Dude is owed $48 million over the next three seasons, so a trade won’t be easy, even if the Rangers are willing to absorb a large part of his remaining salary.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels indicated earlier tonight that they would prefer to make a deal with a team on Young’s list, though that is obviously subject to change. If Young wants out so bad, he’d probably accept a deal anywhere.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup