Feb 7, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
They are the Cardinals, Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rockies, Dodgers, Angels and Padres.
Young is from Southern California, so it’s no surprise to see the Dodgers, Angels and Padres on this list. Of course, this doesn’t mean the interest will be mutual. Dude is owed $48 million over the next three seasons, so a trade won’t be easy, even if the Rangers are willing to absorb a large part of his remaining salary.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels indicated earlier tonight that they would prefer to make a deal with a team on Young’s list, though that is obviously subject to change. If Young wants out so bad, he’d probably accept a deal anywhere.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 28
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 96
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)