Feb 7, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
They are the Cardinals, Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rockies, Dodgers, Angels and Padres.
Young is from Southern California, so it’s no surprise to see the Dodgers, Angels and Padres on this list. Of course, this doesn’t mean the interest will be mutual. Dude is owed $48 million over the next three seasons, so a trade won’t be easy, even if the Rangers are willing to absorb a large part of his remaining salary.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels indicated earlier tonight that they would prefer to make a deal with a team on Young’s list, though that is obviously subject to change. If Young wants out so bad, he’d probably accept a deal anywhere.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)