Feb 7, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
They are the Cardinals, Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rockies, Dodgers, Angels and Padres.
Young is from Southern California, so it’s no surprise to see the Dodgers, Angels and Padres on this list. Of course, this doesn’t mean the interest will be mutual. Dude is owed $48 million over the next three seasons, so a trade won’t be easy, even if the Rangers are willing to absorb a large part of his remaining salary.
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels indicated earlier tonight that they would prefer to make a deal with a team on Young’s list, though that is obviously subject to change. If Young wants out so bad, he’d probably accept a deal anywhere.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)