Feb 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
I was rather surprised when Vladimir Guerrero got $8 million. We have some more details on it now and I suppose it’s slightly better for the O’s: it will be $5 million in 2011, with the other $3 million deferred over several years.
Still seems like a lot for a guy who didn’t appear to have anyone else bidding for him. And it’s the second one-year deal I can think of off the top of my head that has deferred money this winter. The other is Carlos Pena‘s deal with the Cubs. I guess it makes some modicum of financial sense for the club, but it does seem odd that they’re agreeing to pay a guy who is almost 100% certain to not be on the team again after this one year.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT