Your obligatory A-Rod Cameron Diaz at the Super Bowl post

Feb 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT

A-Rod Cameron Diaz

I’m not going to play the whole “OMG, A-Rod and Cameron Diaz looked stoopid!” game as a result of them getting caught on tape feeding each other pop corn. Dude’s got a lady friend that will feed him and that’s more than a lot of people have. And don’t even start that anti-Cameron Diaz stuff I’ve seen floating around. You didn’t have a chance with someone like her back in the mid-90s, during the “Being John Malkovich” era or now, so let’s not hate on A-Rod because his choice of Hollywood star girlfriend isn’t up to your alleged standards.

But maybe Ryan Braun wouldn’t approve:

“I asked Braun if [Aaron] Rodgers set him up with any Super Bowl tickets and he didn’t say yes, but he did say he had the opportunity to go there. Sounds like he’ll pass, though.

“I’d love to go,” he said. “But it’s close to spring training and I hate missing workouts. I doubt I’ll end up going. To get the full experience, you have to go for a few days and I don’t want to do that so close to spring training.””

No worries. I’m sure the popcorn was low fat. And I’m sure that A-Rod hit the Arlington Gold’s Gym a few times while he was down there. I think Nick Swisher was down there too. Maybe they all worked out together.

And now, your moment of zen:

1. Jason @ IIATMS - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:03 AM

To the haters: Tell me you wouldn’t swap places with ARod in a nanosecond. Liar!

• Rosenthals Speling Instrukter - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Probably would, but how about picking up these women when they are in their prime. Around 2020 he will be hooking up with Brittany Spears and in 2050 with Megan Fox.

• yankeesfanlen - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

By the time Brittany comes along, he’ll only have a couple of years left on his contract.

• ThatGuy - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Yes, it is a bad thing he is dating a girl his age… Should totally be going for girls 10-15 years younger.

• marshmallowsnake - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Nope…Diaz is highly annoying.

• baseballstars - Feb 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM

I don’t get the hate for ARod here, but Diaz isn’t all that. She’s not ugly by any means (at least not in my book), but not top quality. ARod likes picking up chicks when they’re out of their prime. I guess he relates… :D

2. Jonny 5 - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Leave A-Rod alone!!!!

There Len, that’s the one I owed you. Now am I free to bash A-rod in the future?

• yankeesfanlen - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Thanks Jonny, but no, No, NO! This is an entirely off-the-field-into-a-different-sport kind of thing. Take this thing to Harvey Levin.
      I’m readying my leave-alone list for ’11, and it’s fairly succinct:
      ARod
      Cano
      Swisher
      Granderson
      Tex
      CC
      Hughes
      All else is fair game until exhibition game starts, at the conclusion of which I would love for a certain FAT TOAD to be non-existant.

• Jonny 5 - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM

No beep-beep? Why is Beep-Beep excluded from the list? BTW, I’m a big fan of all the above, besides a-rod of course.

• yankeesfanlen - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Derek Sanderson Jeter is not on my leave alone list. Mo is, but is the last of the Core 4 to retain the right. We can also kick around Grumpy.

3. BC - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Cameron is still a Top 10 at this point. She’s not Drew, but still highly ranked. Good for A-Rod.

• bloodysock - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

No way. Diaz is past her prime. A-Rod should take some lessons from Jeter on dating women during their prime.

• TomTom - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Minka Kelly > Cameron Diaz

Jessica Biel > Madonna

Just sayin.

• donniebb23 - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Cameron Diaz looks like a foot

• BC - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Drew Barrymore > The rest of the universe’
        (I just felt the need to chime in)

• Utley's Hair - Feb 7, 2011 at 12:23 PM

TomTom:

Cameron Diaz > Madonna—but, I guess you could put just about anyone in Diaz’s place and it would hold true.

4. phantomspaceman - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I believe my exact words after they showed that during the game were, “When you’re A-rod you don’t have to feed yourself.”

5. Tanisha - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Well it’s a good thing those of you who don’t like Cameron Diaz don’t have to have sex with her. Whew! Nothing more absurd than judging who someone ELSE is having sex with.

• Jonny 5 - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM

This was all about pop-corn feeding you PERV!!!! Women, i’ll tell ya…

• Tanisha - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

My bad. I’m ashamed.

• Jonny 5 - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

It’s ok Tanisha. You can make up for it by feeding me popcorn. :)

• BC - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Cameron is welcome at my place any time. I’ll feed HER popcorn. Unless of course I already have Drew over for dinner….

• Utley's Hair - Feb 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Then you’ll have Cameron feed Drew popcorn?

• BC - Feb 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Oooh…. That’s good…. Yeah, I’d be up for that….

• Utley's Hair - Feb 7, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Or…cake?

6. throwstrikes - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Please. Every man has had a woman put food in his mouth. Most married men even have the proof of it captured for prosperity on their wedding videos.

When your woman makes a top 50 beautiful women list or figures out how to make more than $20 million dollars a year, then you have every right to question A-Rod’s choice of female companionship.

It would figure Jeter is looking for a 20 something breeder because he’s never had kids or been married. A-Rod has been there and done that so makes sense he’s looking for a woman who’s biological clock isn’t ticking loudly and doesn’t have a wedding planner on speed dial.

7. xmatt0926x - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Do you have to be a hater because you find rail thin, anorexic women unnattractive? Guess I’m a hater. People tend to fall under the “dude, she’s a hollywood star so that means she’s hotter than anyone else” mindset. She was smoking hot way back when but then she did the whole non-eating thing and changed her body into that of a 13 year old boy. It’s like all those years where we had to hear about how beautiful Sandra Bullock was. Give me a break. These women get hollywood level makeup jobs and still don’t look so great. As far as what A-rod likes, good for him if thats what he likes. To each his own. He obviously goes for the well known women but he could walk downtown on any workday and find 40 women who blow Diaz away.

• throwstrikes - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM

No, it makes you a hater when you compare a woman’s body to that of a 13 year old boy.

8. xpensivewinos - Feb 7, 2011 at 11:28 AM

As far as I’m concerned, this is the only normal, non-annoying thing Alex Rodriguez has done in years.

Looks are subjective………….she seems like a pretty cool chick to me.

9. phukyouk - Feb 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Bring Back Kate.

• Utley's Hair - Feb 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM

So she can feed Cameron popcorn?

10. billybeaneismyhero - Feb 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Nevermind A-Rod and Diaz. How about Madden and W sitting next to each other. I can only imagine how epically amazing that conversation must’ve been. It’d be almost as good as sitting between Tony Danza and Andrew Dice Clay.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto