Feb 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EST
I’m not going to play the whole “OMG, A-Rod and Cameron Diaz looked stoopid!” game as a result of them getting caught on tape feeding each other pop corn. Dude’s got a lady friend that will feed him and that’s more than a lot of people have. And don’t even start that anti-Cameron Diaz stuff I’ve seen floating around. You didn’t have a chance with someone like her back in the mid-90s, during the “Being John Malkovich” era or now, so let’s not hate on A-Rod because his choice of Hollywood star girlfriend isn’t up to your alleged standards.
“I asked Braun if [Aaron] Rodgers set him up with any Super Bowl tickets and he didn’t say yes, but he did say he had the opportunity to go there. Sounds like he’ll pass, though.
“I’d love to go,” he said. “But it’s close to spring training and I hate missing workouts. I doubt I’ll end up going. To get the full experience, you have to go for a few days and I don’t want to do that so close to spring training.””
No worries. I’m sure the popcorn was low fat. And I’m sure that A-Rod hit the Arlington Gold’s Gym a few times while he was down there. I think Nick Swisher was down there too. Maybe they all worked out together.
And now, your moment of zen:
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)