Feb 7, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
I’m not going to play the whole “OMG, A-Rod and Cameron Diaz looked stoopid!” game as a result of them getting caught on tape feeding each other pop corn. Dude’s got a lady friend that will feed him and that’s more than a lot of people have. And don’t even start that anti-Cameron Diaz stuff I’ve seen floating around. You didn’t have a chance with someone like her back in the mid-90s, during the “Being John Malkovich” era or now, so let’s not hate on A-Rod because his choice of Hollywood star girlfriend isn’t up to your alleged standards.
“I asked Braun if [Aaron] Rodgers set him up with any Super Bowl tickets and he didn’t say yes, but he did say he had the opportunity to go there. Sounds like he’ll pass, though.
“I’d love to go,” he said. “But it’s close to spring training and I hate missing workouts. I doubt I’ll end up going. To get the full experience, you have to go for a few days and I don’t want to do that so close to spring training.””
No worries. I’m sure the popcorn was low fat. And I’m sure that A-Rod hit the Arlington Gold’s Gym a few times while he was down there. I think Nick Swisher was down there too. Maybe they all worked out together.
And now, your moment of zen:
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)