Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
Over at MLB Trade Rumors, Howard Megdal has put together a very handy bullet point summary of everything a baseball fan needs to know about the Bernie Madoff-Mets fiasco we spent much of last week discussing.
I think the key point to all of this is the stuff Howard cites — with linkage goodness — explaining how, even if the figure the bankruptcy trustee is seeking is on the low end, the amount of liability we’re talking about here and the degree to which the Wilpons have already gone into debt for the Mets’ sake renders a partial sale almost laughable as a workable plan.
In any event, as news happens we’ll continue to tackle it in detail. But Howard’s primer is probably bookmark material if you care about this case or the effect it will have on the Mets.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)