Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at MLB Trade Rumors, Howard Megdal has put together a very handy bullet point summary of everything a baseball fan needs to know about the Bernie Madoff-Mets fiasco we spent much of last week discussing.
I think the key point to all of this is the stuff Howard cites — with linkage goodness — explaining how, even if the figure the bankruptcy trustee is seeking is on the low end, the amount of liability we’re talking about here and the degree to which the Wilpons have already gone into debt for the Mets’ sake renders a partial sale almost laughable as a workable plan.
In any event, as news happens we’ll continue to tackle it in detail. But Howard’s primer is probably bookmark material if you care about this case or the effect it will have on the Mets.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)