Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at MLB Trade Rumors, Howard Megdal has put together a very handy bullet point summary of everything a baseball fan needs to know about the Bernie Madoff-Mets fiasco we spent much of last week discussing.
I think the key point to all of this is the stuff Howard cites — with linkage goodness — explaining how, even if the figure the bankruptcy trustee is seeking is on the low end, the amount of liability we’re talking about here and the degree to which the Wilpons have already gone into debt for the Mets’ sake renders a partial sale almost laughable as a workable plan.
In any event, as news happens we’ll continue to tackle it in detail. But Howard’s primer is probably bookmark material if you care about this case or the effect it will have on the Mets.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)