Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at MLB Trade Rumors, Howard Megdal has put together a very handy bullet point summary of everything a baseball fan needs to know about the Bernie Madoff-Mets fiasco we spent much of last week discussing.
I think the key point to all of this is the stuff Howard cites — with linkage goodness — explaining how, even if the figure the bankruptcy trustee is seeking is on the low end, the amount of liability we’re talking about here and the degree to which the Wilpons have already gone into debt for the Mets’ sake renders a partial sale almost laughable as a workable plan.
In any event, as news happens we’ll continue to tackle it in detail. But Howard’s primer is probably bookmark material if you care about this case or the effect it will have on the Mets.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)