Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at MLB Trade Rumors, Howard Megdal has put together a very handy bullet point summary of everything a baseball fan needs to know about the Bernie Madoff-Mets fiasco we spent much of last week discussing.
I think the key point to all of this is the stuff Howard cites — with linkage goodness — explaining how, even if the figure the bankruptcy trustee is seeking is on the low end, the amount of liability we’re talking about here and the degree to which the Wilpons have already gone into debt for the Mets’ sake renders a partial sale almost laughable as a workable plan.
In any event, as news happens we’ll continue to tackle it in detail. But Howard’s primer is probably bookmark material if you care about this case or the effect it will have on the Mets.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)